Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Autoclub Speedway Infield 2015 Site Relocations: Good News – Bad News

 I was very excited to receive my ticket
package for the races.

© Photo by Paul Wilkinson
I have mentioned in my posts about changing my infield site location at California Autoclub Speedway Section BK5 – Row 10, to a different location for the March 2015 NASCAR races.  I had decided to do this for a couple reasons;

  • It was located in an area of a slightly lower elevation making it impossible to see anything on the track.  You might catch a glimpse of a blur as they sped by on the high groove, but I was glad to have a scanner to listen to the broadcast to follow what was happening around the track.  

    Not much of a view of the track from on top of the RV
    © Photo by Paul Wilkinson
  •  As much as I "love" kids, the asphalt area directly in front of the site was large enough to be converted into a small skate board / bike park.  Honestly, it was like being in the middle of a “Lord of the Flies” convention, with no less than 20 kids with their bikes, skateboards, scooters, roller skates,  jump ramps, and radio controlled cars ...UGH!   My grand kids would love it, but I prefer racing engines over noisy, fighting, tattle-telling, crying kids.  Not fun!
Yep, those are just a few of the kids that were on bikes or skateboards.
© Photo by Paul Wilkinson
* * * * * *
The Good News -  I was able to “relocate” to Section BK5 – Row 7.  Located nearer the center of the infield.  It is slightly more elevated, and by one of the main “roads” with better access to the restrooms, showers and infield store.  As a “people watcher” this is ideal.

I am not sure what kind of view of the track it has from the top of the RV yet, but I’m guessing it's better.  Sure, there may be some kids, but the road in front is not as wide as the previous location to convene a convention.

The Bad News -  After calling the ticket office over the last THREE days during this week's “relocation” period, to see if anything else had become available, there does not appear to be any other infield locations available to move to get me closer to the coveted Row 2 back stretch sites or even closer to the track in the turns.

The Great News -  It's looking like the infield for the March 2015 races will be "Sold Out".  Although there appeared to be a number of empty seats in the grandstands in 2014, the entire race was deemed to be "Sold Out" well before the green flag waved on Sunday afternoon.

The Very Bad News – If you were planning on relocating to a new site for the 2015 NASCAR race weekend at Auto Club Speedway, the only spots they were offering were down in the “Lord of the Flies” location where I just moved from.  Bottom line is chances of moving at this point may be slim-to-none.  However, this could be ideal if you have kids.  

Good luck though if you decide to try and let me know how it goes.

"Lord of the Flies" - Internet Photo

* * * * * *

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Need to add an image? Use this code

[img]IMAGE-URL-HERE[/img]