Saturday, September 13, 2014

My introduction to NASCAR Infield Camping

My introduction to NASCAR infield camping, came eight years ago, because of my best friend's insistence.   She had been going to Michigan International Speedway (MIS) NASCAR races for the past 25+ years, and felt it was time for me to ~
"Get away from all the crap in my life & have some fun!"

I wasn't really a big NASCAR fan.  Go fast and left turn, was about all I knew about the sport.  I'd watched it as a kid growing up because my mother would have it on TV.  A branch off my family tree tells me that Indy car driver Gordon (Gordie) Johncock is a distant relative so I always thought I was more of an open wheel kinda guy.


 That June vacation changed my view of NASCAR and became one of the most memorable times of my life.  I've been back every year since, although I live over 2,400
NASCAR Racing & "50 Shades of Grey"
© Photo by Paul Wilkinson

miles away.  I attended my first "rookie" season at Auto Club Speedway, infield in March with my wifey attending her first ever NASCAR race.  I think she had fun.  She even picked a driver ~ Brian Vickers ~ "...because he was driving the purple car" that weekend.  My MIS buddy even flew out for our inaugural trek to Fontana, CA.

The biggest thing I have learned is that the NASCAR infield community is one of the friendliest and helpful group of people you could ever meet.  Sure, you get that occasional "a-hole" next to you, but it's rare if you see them the following years, probably because they just didn't get what it's all about.

Although my self proclaimed title of Infield Guru makes it sound like I know everything, I know that I still have a lot of learn.  That's why I created this blog, the Nascar Infield/ RV Camping Forum community Face book page, and added @InfieldGuru on Twitter.   For Serious NASCAR Camping Fans to share their experiences, ideas and memories for others to enjoy.

Don't forget to SHARE this post with your friends and "LIKE" us on Facebook & follow me on Twitter @InfieldGuru or by clicking the links on the right.  #InfieldNation, #SeeYOUOnTheInfield


** ©2014 The Infield Guru.  The Infield Guru is not affiliated with and does not endorse any specific track or driver.  This article is for information & entertainment purposes only. There are no guarantees regarding the availability or quantities of any of the above items. Prices are subject to change without notice. Please contact the specific track or appropriate websites for more detailed information regarding limits and expiration of these offers.  If the links fail to open for you, check your pop-up blocking software or consider calling the tracks directly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Need to add an image? Use this code

[img]IMAGE-URL-HERE[/img]